DOLA SPONGE CAKE Recipe
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp vanilla essence
- ¾ cup of oil
- ¼ cup milk
- 1 ¼ cups Unga wa Dola All-purpose flour
- In a bowl crack the eggs, add sugar, baking powder and mix.
- Add vanilla essence then mix until it is fluffy. Add the oil and milk then mix.
- Add flour in bits as you mix it until you get a good consistency.
- Pour your cake mix into a baking tin.
- Place a large sufuria on your jiko. Place 3 stones inside the sufuria and let it pre heat for
- Proceed to place your baking tin, in the large sufuria on top of the 3 stones then cover the
large sufuria with a lid.
- On top of the lid place some hot charcoal to bake the cake from the top as well.
- Let your cake bake for 50 minutes then use a toothpick to make sure the inside is baked as
- Once you’ve ensured it is baked through, remove your baking tin and let the cake cool down.
Enjoy your Dola sponge cake with some tea!