Banana Fritters Recipe
- 5 ripe bananas
- 1/2 cup Unga wa Dola Maize Meal
- 1/2 cup Unga wa Dola All purpose flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp cinnamon powder
- 1/4 cup sugar
- Oil, for deep frying
- Chocolate sauce, for garnishing
- Peel the bananas and cut them into half. Insert a toothpick halfway into each banana and set aside.
- In a bowl, mix together maize meal, all purpose flour, sugar, salt and cinnamon powder.
- In another bowl mix together egg, milk, oil and vanilla essence. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and stir until it forms a slightly runny batter.
- Dip the banana into the batter and hold into hot oil. Let fry for 5 seconds and then drop the stick into the oil. Deep fry for 3 minutes or until golden brown.
- Bake for 35 minutes or until a wooden skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean.
- Remove the toothpicks, garnish with chocolate sauce and serve.