Beef Stew & Ugali Recipe
- Ingredients Beef Stew:
- 2tsp Oil
- 1 onion
- Curry Powder
- Beef Cubes 500gms
- 1 Beef Stock Cube
- 3 tomatoes
- Coriander leaves
- Ingredients Ugali:
- 3 Cups Boiling Water
- 1 ½ cups Unga wa Dola Maize Flour
Steps Beef Stew
- Heat the 2tsp of oil in a sufuria and Add the diced onions, garlic and curry powder and stir.
- Add the beef and beef cubes into the mixture.
- Add salt, pepper and tomatoes and stir
- Pour water, stir and leave it to simmer for 30-40 minutes.
- Add coriander leaves and stir.
- Bring the water and salt to a boil in a heavy-bottomed saucepan. Stir in the cornmeal slowly, letting it fall through the fingers of your hand.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and continue stirring regularly, smashing any lumps with a spoon, until the mush pulls away from the sides of the pot and becomes very thick, about 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool somewhat.
- Place the ugali into a large serving bowl. Wet your hands with water, form a ball and serve.
- Enjoy one of the best Kenyan recipe.