Chocolate Muffins Recipe
- 1 3/4 cups Unga wa Dola all purpose flour
- 3/4 cup cocoa powder (unsweetened)
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda (bi-carb soda)
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 tbsp oil
- 2 tsp vanilla essence
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup boiling water
- Sift flour, cocoa, baking powder and baking soda into a large bowl. Add Sugar and salt. Whisk briefly to combine.
- Add eggs, milk, oil and vanilla. Whisk well to combine until lump free – about 30 seconds.
- Add boiling water and whisk to incorporate. The batter is VERY thin
- Pour batter into muffin pan
- Bake for 35 minutes or until a wooden skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean.
- Allow to cool completely and serve with milk, juice, tea or coffee