Dola English Scones
- 4 1/2 Cup Unga Wa Dola All Purpose Flour
- 2 1/4 Tbsp Baking Powder
- 1/4 Tbsp Cardamom Powder
- 3/4 Cup Sugar
- 3/4 Cup Margarine/Butter
- 3 Eggs
- 1/3 Cup Milk
- 1 Tsp Vanilla Essence
- In a bowl, add in Flour, butter/margarine, Baking Powder, Cardamom Powder and Sugar. Mix until the texture becomes sandy. Add in the raisins and mix.
- In a separate bowl, add the eggs, milk and vanilla essence and whisk to combine. Add this mixture to the flour mixture in bits to form a dough. Do not knead the dough. Cover it for 30Mins to rest.
- Roll the dough to 1” thickness and cut. Line them on a baking tray with parchment paper and apply the egg wash.
Bake in a pre-heated oven at 180° for 30Mins.
- Serve with a side of strawberry jam and fresh whipped cream. Pairs well with a nice steamy cup of black or herbal tea.