DOLA CHAPATI VIAZI Recipe
- 2 cups of Unga wa Dola All-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp. salt
- 1 tbsp. oil
- ¾ -1 cup of warm water
- 3 large mashed potatoes
- 1 mid-sized chopped onion
- 1 small bunch of chopped coriander (dhania)
- ½ tbsp. garlic
- ½ tbsp. mixed spices
- ½ tbsp. salt
- ½ tbsp. paprika
- Put the flour, salt, oil in a bowl then mix.
- Add the warm water in bits as you mix into a dough.
- Brush some oil on the dough then cover it to rest for 10-20 minutes.
- In the bowl of mashed potatoes, add the chopped onions, coriander, garlic, mixed spices, the ½ tbsp. of salt & paprika then mix well.
- Roll the dough into a chapati, place a bit of the mashed potato mixture in the middle then close it into a ball and cut off the excess dough.
- Roll out the ball gently into a chapati then place it on a pan to cook for 30-45 seconds then flip and apply oil.
- Do the same for the other side and let the chapati cook for 45-60 seconds.
Serve your chapati viazi while hot with some tea.