DOLA TWISTED DONUTS Recipe
- 1 cup warm milk
- 2 tbsp melted margarine
- 2 tbsp sugar
- ½ tbsp. salt
- 1 egg
- 2 ¼ tbsp. yeast
- 3 cups of Unga wa Dola All-purpose flour
- Pour the warm milk into a bowl, add the melted margarine, sugar, salt and mix.
- Add the egg, yeast and mix. Let it rest for 5 minutes.
- Add the flour and mix the dough thoroughly. Cover and Let it rest for 1 hour.
- Cover it for 40 minutes for the dough to double in size.
- Divide the dough into 16 balls.
- Roll the balls into thick strands then cross each of the strands into a twist.
- Cover them to rest for 10 minutes then flip them over.
- Deep fry them in a pan with oil on each side until golden brown.
- You can drizzle some sugar syrup, sugar & cinnamon or prepare a milk chocolate dip for your twisted donuts.
Serve your twisted doughnuts with some tea or milk and enjoy!