Fried Fish and Ugali Recipe
- Ingredients Fried Fish:
- Whole Tilapia Fish
- Cooking Oil
- 1 Onion
- 3 Tomatoes
- Tomato Paste
- Coriander leaves
- Ingredients Ugali:
- 3 Cups Boiling Water
- 1 ½ cups Unga wa Dola Maize Flour
Steps Fried Fish and Ugali
- Salt the raw fish before deep- frying it.
- Make a thick paste for the fried fish by putting frying onions, tomatoes, tomato paste, coriander (dhania) and salt.
- Let it simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add the fried fish to the thick paste.
- Bring the water and salt to a boil in a heavy-bottomed saucepan. Stir in the cornmeal slowly, letting it fall through the fingers of your hand.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and continue stirring regularly, smashing any lumps with a spoon, until the mush pulls away from the sides of the pot and becomes very thick, about 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool somewhat.
- Place the ugali into a large serving bowl. Wet your hands with water, form a ball and serve.