Mkate wa maji/ Chapati ya maji Recipe
- 1 cup Unga wa dola all-purpose flour
- 1½ cup milk
- 2 tsp sugar
- A pinch of ground cardamom
- ¼ tsp salt
- 3 tbsp oil
- ½ tsp vanilla essence
- 2 eggs
- Add flour, milk, sugar, cardamom, salt, oil, vanilla essence and eggs to a blender. Blend on low speed until well combined.
- Heat pan over medium heat. Lightly oil the pan then pour 1/4 cup batter into pan, immediately tilt and swirl pan in circular motion to evenly coat entire bottom portion of pan with batter. Cook until golden brown on bottom then use a spatula to lift an edge of the crepe, flip to the opposite side. Cook until golden brown spots appear on bottom.
- Repeat until all of the batter has been used up and serve with your favourite drink.