Vanilla Cupcake Recipe
- 2 cups Unga wa Dola all purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup margarine
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tbsp vanilla essence
- For the frosting:
- 1 1/2 cups whipping cream, cold
- 2 tbsp castor sugar
- Pink food coloring
- In a bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder and salt and set aside.
- In another bowl, beat together margarine and sugar until light and fluffy. Mix in one egg at a time and beat well between each additions.
- Add half of the flour into the mixture and mix using a spatula until fully incorporated.
- Pour the milk and vanilla essence into the batter and mix again.
- Mix the remaining flour until there are no lumps and the batter is smooth.
- Using an ice cream scoop to get evenly sized cupcakes, scoop the batter into a cupcake tray lined with cupcake cases. Make sure the batter fills the liners 3/4 way up.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 180C for 20-22 minutes or until a skewer inserted inside comes out clean. Let cool completely before frosting.
- For the frosting: In a bowl, whip together whipping cream and sugar until it forms stiff peaks. Mix food color in small amounts until you get the colour you’d like.
- Fill the whipped cream in a piping bag with a star nozzle and pipe the cream onto the vanilla cupcakes.