Viazi Karai kwa Ukwaju Recipe
- Dola All Purpose Flour
- 10 Mid Sized Potatoes
- 2 Cups of Water
- 1 tbsp. Salt
- ½ Cup Gram Flour
- ¼ tbsp. Egg Yellow Food Color
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 6 fresh chillies
- Peel the potatoes, dice and put them in a pan. Add salt, cover the pan and boil them for 10-15mins until soft.
- In another bowl mix the all-purpose flour and gram flour, food color, salt and 1 cup of water and mix to form a thick batter.
- Coat the boiled potatoes in the batter as you fry them. Fry until crispy
- In a jar with tamarind, add hot water and salt and let it rest for 10 mins.
- Afterwards sieve to remove the seeds.
- Blend the ‘juice’ with fresh chilies, cloves of garlic and onions