Organization, Duration, Eligibility and Entry
- 1.The Promotion is organized by Kitui Flour Mills Limited and Eldoret Grains Limited (hereinafter referred to as ‘The Organizer).
- 2.The Promotion will run from 1 April 2021 until midnight 30 June 2021.
- 3.The Organizer in consultation with BCLB reserves the right to change the promotion duration as it deems fit. Decisions made by the Organizer in consultation with BCLB shall be final and binding.
- 4.Employees of Kitui Flour Mills Limited, Eldoret Grains Limited, its distributors, wholesalers and stockists, Interactive Media Services (IMS) Limited, DragonFly Limited and any other supplier and/or third party directly involved with the facilitation of this Promotion and their immediate family and dependants shall not be eligible to participate in this promotion. Each prize winner may be required to declare or affirm that they do not belong to any of the restricted groups of persons listed above.
- 5.The Organizers in consultation with Betting Control and Licensing Board (BCLB) reserve the right to seek verification of eligibility to enter and receive a prize under these Terms & Conditions. If, in the Organizer’s reasonable opinion, a winner is found to be ineligible, the Organizer reserves the right to require the return of any prize already awarded, at its sole discretion in consultation with BCLB and such, the winner will be disqualified.
6.The promotion is applicable to the following brands only:
- a.Unga wa Dola Home Baking All Purpose Flour (2kg, 1kg, ½ kg)
- b.Unga wa Dola Maize Flour (2kg, 1kg, ½ kg)
- c.Unga wa Dola Chapati Flour (2kg)
- d.Unga Wa Dola Atta Flour(2Kg & 1Kg)
- e.EGL Dola Maize (2Kg, 1Kg &½ kg)
- f.Jahazi Home Baking All Purpose Flour (2kg, 1kg, ½ kg)
- g.Jahazi Maize Flour (2kg, 1kg, ½ kg)
- h.Jahazi Atta Mark Flour (2kg, 1kg)
- 7.To participate in the Promotion participants will be required to:
- a) Be a Kenyan resident /citizen.
- b) Be eighteen (18) years of age or over.
- c) Be registered users on Safaricom, Airtel or Telkom mobile networks.
- a) Purchase 2Kg, 1Kg, or 500g of any Unga wa Dola, EGL Dola (Maize) or Jahazi Flour Promotional Packet.
- b) Check inside the flour packet for an eight (8) character alphanumeric code printed inside the flour packet.
- c) Send an SMS with the 8-character alphanumeric code, which is valid for 1 (One) entry only to the mobile short code 20770. Normal SMS rates shall apply.
- d) Each alphanumeric code sent in this way will form an entry into the draw and be eligible to win one (1) prize in the promotion.
Draws, Selection of Winners and Prizes.
- 10.In the event that a participant composes a blank text message, a guessed code or a mistyped 8-character alphanumeric code in the flour packet, the participant will receive a regret messaging saying that the 8-character alphanumeric code is invalid.
- 11.In the event that a participant composes a text message or sends an 8 character alphanumeric code inside the flour packet that has already been sent to the short code 20770 for the promotion, the participant will receive a regret message saying the code inside the flour packet has already been used.
- 12.A unique eight character code can only win once throughout the promotion period including if the winner is among the weekly and/or grand draw winners. A unique mobile phone number shall be entitled to five eligible entries daily and a maximum of thirty five eligible entries weekly. On entry into the Promotion, the participant shall be required to consent to Kitui Flour Mills retaining the participants data pertaining to the promotion and shall be required to state the province from which the participant is sending the code from.
- 13.Participants in the draw stand a chance to win the following prizes:
- 14.Only valid entries made throughout the week will be eligible to enter the draw and stand a chance of winning the weekly grand prize of Kshs. 1 Million.
- 15.Draws to determine winners of cash prizes below Kshs 1 Million and Airtime will be conducted electronically, and winners notified.
- 16.Winners of instant airtime will instantly receive the airtime in their phone number which will be available for redemption and use within 48 hours from the time of receipt of the confirmation SMS message from the mobile network (Safaricom, Airtel or Telkom), after which the code will expire.
- 17.The draw for the Kshs 1 Million will be conducted once a week and winners will be announced every Thursday of the following week after the draw is conducted.
- 18.Winners of the Kshs. 1,000,000, Kshs.50,000, KES.20,000, 42” Hisense Television, 150cc Motorbike (Haojin brand), Ramtons Double door Refrigerator, Cookware Non-Stick Cooking set, Nunix Electric Cake Mixer and 225cc TVS King Tuk-tuk shall be notified by a call from the telephone number 0111 033 777 and instructed on how to collect their prize.
- 19.All prizes are subject to a 20% withholding tax. All prizes below Kshs 1 Million shall be issued net of the 20% withholding tax, which shall be payable to the Kenya Revenue Authority in line with the Finance Act 2018. Winners shall receive the total prize value after the deduction of the withholding tax.
- 20.Winners of the various prizes will be informed in accordance with the guidelines submitted to BCLB; and the decisions made on the same by the Organizer and BCLB shall be final and binding. No correspondence will be entered into regarding the outcome of the prizes awarded.
|Prizes||Total No. of Winners|
|Grand Prize 1 Million Weekly||12|
|Kes.20,000 twice weekly||24|
|Kes.10,000 five times weekly||60|
|Kes.5,000 five times weekly||60|
|Kes.1,000 twenty times weekly||240|
|Motorbike one weekly||12|
|43” Smart Television one weekly||12|
|Double door Refrigerator One weekly||12|
|Non-Stick Cooking set one weekly||12|
|Cake mixer one weekly||12|
|KES.10 Airtime 6,000 people daily||546,000|
|KES. 20 Airtime 1,550 people daily||141,000|
Draws, Selection of Winners and Prizes.
- 21.Selection of winners will be at random and controls around the selection have been validated.
- 22.Winners of the Promotion will be selected randomly by the servers of the CSP (IMS Ltd) in the presence of BCLB and authorized organizer’s staff wherever possible.
- 23.The Organizer and BCLB reserve the right to reward or reject any randomly selected winner in case of any discrepancy subject to clause 25.
- 24.The Organizers will make at least two (2) call attempts over a thirty (30) minute interval within one (1) hour to contact winners. If a winner does not answer any of the call attempts within this period, they will be called at subsequent days for a month’s period, at least three times weekly. If after the one month the winners haven’t answered, they will be deemed to have forfeited the prize and the Organizers will put the prize back into the pool for subsequent draws. For the avoidance of doubt missed calls and calls diverted to voice mail will not be deemed to have been answered for purposes of the Promotion. or bank transfer.
- 25.The award of all winning cash prizes will be subject to the authentication of the identity of the selected winner through the presentation of the following:
Selection and Notification of Winners
- a.Proof of the confirmation message
- b.Winner’s National Identification Card/ Passport
- c.Confirmation of winner details provided to Organizers against mobile money payment details.
General rules of the promotion
- 34.All Prizes must be claimed within the period of the Promotion. Any prizes not claimed 3 months after close of promotion shall be surrendered to BCLB.
- 35.The Organizer and BCLB may nullify any prize to any participant in the event of fraud, dishonesty or non-eligibility under these Terms and Conditions.
- 36.The Organizers (in consultation BCLB) reserve the right to amend and adjust the Promotion format and timings as they deem fit and shall communicate the same, as necessary.
- 37.The Organizer has used reasonable efforts and care to ensure that all information and materials relating to the Promotion are accurate, they shall not be liable for any inaccuracy or errors in such information and/or material beyond which it could have foreseen.
- 38.The Organizer will not be liable for any delays brought about by both the mobile telephone network (s) and mobile money transfer systems, failed, partial or garbled computer transmissions, for any computer, telephone, cable, network, electronic or internet hardware or software malfunctions, failures, connections availability, for the acts or omissions of any service provider, internet accessibility or availability, or for traffic congestion or unauthorized human acts.
- 39.The Organizer, their agents and sub-contractors will also not bear responsibility for any loss or damage to a participant, whether caused by self or any third party, arising from:
- a)Matters outside the control of the Organizer, their agents and sub-contractors including but not limited to force majeure events such as acts of God, computer viruses, power outages etc.; and
- b)Any technical failure or malfunction or any other problem with any machine, telephone network or system, service provider software or otherwise which may result in missing characters in the SMS messaging, any communication being lost or not properly received, registered or recorded.
- 40.In case of any queries or concerns on the Promotion, participants should call the dedicated Customer Care number 0111 033 777.
- 41.The Organizer may require that any of the winners be identified, photographed and published in the press, online or appear on radio and television in relation to their receipt of the prizes and the Organizer shall have the right to use such audio, photographs or video footage in the marketing activities related to the Promotion in any media. Winners will be awarded during the promotion period & such information used by the Organizer.
- 42.The Organizer DOES NOT require participants to send money, airtime, any funds, or any other consideration in order to participate or claim any prize in this Promotion, and the Organizer will not be liable for any losses or damage incurred by any person who does not heed this caution.
- 43. By entering the Promotion, all participants and winners agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions which will be subject to interpretation by the Organizers and BCLB whose interpretation shall be final and binding.
- 44. The Promotion remains subject to the provisions of the Betting Lotteries and Gaming Act (CAP 131) Laws of Kenya and any disputes arising therein shall be resolved in accordance with the provision of this Act.
Data Collection and Privacy
- 45.The data collected from the data subjects (participants) shall be handled by the Data controller (the Organizer) with absolute care and within the confines of the Law.
- 46.By agreeing to participate in the Promotion you are giving the Organizer permission to contact you for further information.
- 47.By agreeing to participate in the Promotion, all winners of the prizes agree that their name, picture, video footage and other details be made public in such media that the Organizer may choose and that they will further agree to participate in all public relations and marketing activities of Organizer on such terms, as Organizer may require without any additional consideration.
- 48.All the ownership and intellectual property rights in the footage and visuals taken of any participant, his/her family and surrounding onlookers is and shall at all times remain the sole property of the Organizer.
- 49.Any such data collected shall be processed and solely used for marketing and advertisement of the Organizer’s products involved in this prize competition, administering the Promotion, marketing and research related activities, fraud prevention and any such purposes as may be provided for in the terms and conditions herein and the law.
- 50.If any provision of these Terms and Conditions is held by any court or other competent authority to be void or unenforceable in whole or in part, the other provisions of these Terms and conditions and the remainder of the affected provisions shall continue to be valid.
- 51.The Organizer (subject to any direction from BCLB) reserves the right to suspend or terminate the promotion or amend, modify or change these Terms and Conditions at any time.